It’s PCS Season, Quantico! Here Are a Few Tips to Help Make Relocating a Little Easier
May 1, 2015
It's PCS season, and for active duty military service members and their families, it can be a stressful time. But it doesn't have to be! Here are two tips to help make your PCS as smooth and painless as possible:
1) Begin your move by gathering all of your important paperwork and documents, then take inventory of your valuables. Give away or donate clothes, housewares, and other items that you don't need or want to bring with you.
2) Request your child's school records to be transferred to his or her new school. Don't forget to have your mail forwarded, and be sure to update the address on file with your bank, credit cards, insurance policies, and, of course, your friends!
For more tips, visit Military.com’s PCS Guide and Moving Checklists. There, you'll find printable checklists of tasks to accomplish as you approach your moving date. And below, please find the Quantico policy moving out of on-post family housing:
- 30 days' notice required. Please complete a "Notice of Intent to Vacate" form, available in our office.
- Two Inspections will be scheduled: a pre-inspection and a final inspection that occurs two weeks later. It's during the final inspection that occupants return their keys.
- Be sure to book your inspections as far in advance as possible. Due to the number of final inspections that will be taking place May through August, it can be very difficult to reschedule appointments; we book up 30–60 days in advance.