Tips to Make Your Upcoming Move Less Stressful!
March 27, 2017
With PCS season coming up, we have a lot of families getting ready to move from and to Quantico. These tips for moving and packing will make this transition much less stressful.
- Start early. If you start planning your move as soon as you hear about it, you'll have much more time to prepare, pack and take care of those odds and ends that most people leave until the last minute.
- Make a schedule. Make a schedule of tasks that you'll need to complete before you move, including packing, taking care of utilities, returning any items you may have borrowed from friends, and cleaning your rental.
- Make any transportation reservations. If you need to rent a truck or van, make those reservations at least one month in advance in order to shop around for the best price.
- Invest in high quality boxes. Make your move much easier by stocking up on sturdy, high quality boxes. Whether you purchase them new or get them from someone else, it will pay off in the long run to have enough boxes for all of your belongings.
- Wrap delicate items thoroughly. Make sure you wrap plates and glasses with newspaper or bubble wrap to ensure that they make it to your final destination.
- Clean out-of-reach places. While you're likely already planning on cleaning your floors and other common areas, you might forget about those out-of-the-way spots in your rental. Make sure to clean out your refrigerator, oven, shower and cabinets before hitting the road.