Get Ready for Some Fun in the Sun at the Pool With These Tips!
May 22, 2017
Attention Quantico residents! The pool at the Family Center and the pool located at the Community Center in McHugh Woods open on Saturday, May 27, 2017! This means that a summer of outdoor fun lies ahead for you and your family, but you'll want to make sure you use these pool health and safety tips before heading outside.
- Check the weather. You never want to swim in a thunder or lightning storm, so be sure to check the weather before you visit the pool.
- Use the facilities shower to rinse off before getting into the pool. This helps to prevent the spread of disease and keeps the pool clean for all residents.
- Pack up a towel, swimsuit, and waterproof shoes. Guests are not permitted to swim without a proper swimsuit, and the pool doesn't provide towels. Bring your own swim attire and towels to keep comfortable after swimming.
- Stuff phones, electronics, and valuables in resealable plastic bags. This prevents water damage and keeps your valuables safe.
- Avoid large meals within an hour of swimming to prevent cramps or stomach pain.
- Bring water to stay hydrated. Just because you're swimming doesn't mean you're not at risk for dehydration!
- Apply 30 SPF sunscreen 15 to 20 minutes before heading out, even if it is cloudy.
- Protect your hair from salt or chlorine with watered-down conditioner before getting into the pool.