Fast and Easy Back to School Breakfast
August 7, 2017
If you are gearing up to get your kids back into a back-to-school routine, then chances are you have thought about quick and easy ways to get them fed on those busy mornings! Here is a healthy and easy recipe for breakfast that your can meal prep for the week.
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 cups mixed vegetables, cut into small cubes (ie: zucchini, onion, bell peppers, torn spinach, mushrooms, broccoli florets)
1 cups shredded cheese (1/2 cup reserved for sprinkling muffin tops)
½ cup all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line a standard sized muffin pan with parchment or silicone liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, salt, pepper, veggies and cheese, until well combined.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder until completely incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan, filling nearly full.
- Sprinkle tops with reserved cheese.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes, until muffins are baked through and no longer jiggle.
Cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge or wrapped in plastic and either in a large freezer bag or an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Heat in 30 second increments in the microwave until heated to your liking.
*The base of this recipe is flexible: Omit the flour & baking powder for a lower carb egg muffin. Swap the all purpose flour for gluten free. Add a cup of cooked quinoa for a boost of protein.