What You Need to Know About Applying to Military Housing
February 28, 2018
There are lots of reasons why military housing is a great option for many service members and their families, but many people are full of questions about how to begin the process. While there are a few things you should know, you'll be happy to know that applying is fairly quick and easy — and Lincoln Military can help. Here are the things we think you should keep in mind when applying to military housing.
- In order to apply you'll need:
- Housing application cover sheet
- Housing application form, DD1746
- Current orders
- Copy of your page 2, DD93, or DD1172 (Army)
- Government issued ID for all applicants over 18
- You may also need:
- DA 31 (Army)
- Live-in aid is approval by the HA
- Power of Attorney
- Exceptional Family Member paperwork
- Current End of Month LES
- Pregnant women must provide a medical pregnancy statement supplied by a physician. The term of pregnancy to qualify for a larger home varies from Installation to Installation.
- Those who share custody of dependent children must provide proof of legal custody (final decree documents) specifically stating that they are entitled to custody for at least 6 consecutive months a year in order to have dependents considered for eligibility.
The Lincoln Military website also has lots of other information about applying to military housing. Check it out!