What You Need to Know About Applying to Military Housing

February 28, 2018

There are lots of reasons why military housing is a great option for many service members and their families, but many people are full of questions about how to begin the process. While there are a few things you should know, you'll be happy to know that applying is fairly quick and easy — and Lincoln Military can help. Here are the things we think you should keep in mind when applying to military housing.

  • In order to apply you'll need:
    • Housing application cover sheet
    • Housing application form, DD1746
    • Current orders
    • Copy of your page 2, DD93, or DD1172 (Army)
    • Government issued ID for all applicants over 18
  • You may also need:
    • DA 31 (Army)
    • Live-in aid is approval by the HA
    • Power of Attorney
    • Exceptional Family Member paperwork
    • Current End of Month LES
  • Pregnant women must provide a medical pregnancy statement supplied by a physician. The term of pregnancy to qualify for a larger home varies from Installation to Installation.
  • Those who share custody of dependent children must provide proof of legal custody (final decree documents) specifically stating that they are entitled to custody for at least 6 consecutive months a year in order to have dependents considered for eligibility.

The Lincoln Military website also has lots of other information about applying to military housing. Check it out!

Categories: MiscellaneousTags:Apartments in Quantico Military Housing quantico Things to Do in Quantico

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This